We have an immediate need for a Data Visualization Associate (Power BI Developer) to join our team in our Markham, Ontario Office (due to the current COVID-19 Pandemic, this role will initially operate remotely, working from home, with the understanding that it will eventually be required for this role to work from the Markham office). Reporting to the Director of Operations, this position offers an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Power BI expert to play a key role in modeling, developing, designing, and promoting reporting solutions for the organization.
As a vital member of Quanser’s Business Efficiency group, you will collaborate with all departments in the company and support business efforts to manage data, produce reports and customize dashboard visualizations.
This role requires a results-oriented team player who thrives in an ever evolving, fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will have proven experience with Microsoft CRM Dynamics and Power BI. If you have a passion for data visualization, are a self-directed and driven individual, who would be excited to lead the business in this area, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Design, develop, and maintain Power BI dashboards and reports based on business requirements
- Develop Power BI data models that aggregate data from multiple data sources (internal and external market data) to meet requirements
- Pays special attention to data visualization and presentation (e.g. maps, tables, charts and accessibility)
- Recommend improvements to streamline processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve data accuracy, usability, and value
- Analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system technical specifications
- Provide feedback and inputs on gaps in requirements and technical feasibility of requirements
- Create mock-up reports for proof-of-concept reviews
- Collaborate with stakeholders to integrate data for Power BI applications
- Participate in team meetings to provide a status report of work in progress, accomplished, and problems / issues encountered
- Other duties as assigned
Technical Knowledge & Skills
- College Diploma/University Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Analytics, or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience in database design, data architecture, data mining, and/or analytics
- 3-5 years of experience developing and delivering analytics dashboards/reports
- Hands on experience writing SQL queries, VBA codes, and understand complex database relationships
- Self-motivated team player with a strong work ethic and the ability to multi-task with changing priorities
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills, and inter-departmental Project Management skills
- Excellent English communication skills required to work well with business users, other analysis teams, development teams, and IT teams
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and pressure while delivering within given budget
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills in Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, Visio and Word
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Quanser has a team-oriented and technologically passionate culture, offering competitive salaries commensurate with experience level and a full company benefits package. Quanser is committed to a healthy work-life balance, offering flexible hours and a wellness program.