Date of Posting: May 11, 2018
Type of Job: Full-time
This exceptional career opportunity is ideal for an accomplished sales leader who is ready to join the senior management team of a global technology success story. As the Director of Sales, you will lead Quanser’s ambitious business development growth plans into explosive new markets around the world. You have recognized success in leading talented sales teams, exceeding targets, and aggressively building a global channel strategy. Reporting to the CEO, you will be a leading voice at the executive table and be an integral part of the decision making process at the highest levels.
Quanser is leading the transformation of higher education and research in engineering. We have pioneered technology innovations that are shaping the way the world explores concepts and techniques in autonomous vehicles, drones, biomedical robotics, space applications, and IoT. Our marketplace is global with growth in both developed and emerging markets.
The Director of Sales will leverage Quanser’s existing successes and grow our core revenue channels in direct and global channel sales. You have extensive quota-driven experience with high-value solutions and are able to energize and guide our sales team and channel partners. You are culturally savvy and can conduct effective business in all corners of the globe.
Responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Direct and lead the sales team
- Develop and execute the sales strategy to achieve fiscal goals in all global sales channels in collaboration with CEO and Management Team.
- Actively develop, monitor, and manage growth metrics
- Develop and manage quotas, budgets, regional plans consistent with company objectives
- Collaborate with Marketing, R&D, and Operations to establish cohesive frameworks for growth.
- Develop and maintain exceptional relationships with partners, clients, decision makers at key institutions, and external stakeholders
- Serve as an ambassador of the Quanser brand
- Mentors, coaches and develops the sales team
- Global travel is required for this role (up to 50% in peak times)
- Degree(s) in Engineering from a recognized University (advanced degrees are an asset)
- 7+ years of relevant B2B quota-carrying sales experience with medium to large sized clients
- 5+ years of Global Channel Management Experience
- 3+ years of experience in managing a sales team
- Sales experience in post-secondary academic technical fields, robotics, automation, and engineering lab technology, is an asset
- Global sales experience
- Additional languages are an asset
Compensation and Benefits
Quanser has a team-oriented and technologically passionate culture, offering competitive salaries commensurate with experience level and a full company benefits package. Compensation for this role will be comprised of base salary plus a performance-based component. Quanser is committed to a healthy work-life balance, offering flexible hours and a wellness program.
Quanser supplies the world’s universities with the most innovative technology to teach and research the most exciting and important fields in modern engineering — robotics, IoT, mechatronics, and control.
Our extremely high-value solutions can be found in thousands of research and teaching labs. These labs fundamentally transform the way universities prepare the engineering leaders of tomorrow and build their global reputations. Space robots, driverless cars, high-performance drones, and biomedical wonders are the kinds of applications our users are immersed in.
Through continued commitment to brilliant innovation and non-compromising relationships with our customers, we have built an unparalleled reputation for technology, academic, and thought leadership. We have substantial adoption within G20 nations, and increasingly, we are experiencing substantial growth in emerging regions.