Date of Posting: July 18, 2017
Type of Job: Full-time
Start Date: ASAP
Are you ready for your next challenge as an accomplished sales leader? Does the thought of joining the senior management team of a vibrant technology company poised to capitalize on emerging global trends in the hottest fields like autonomous vehicles, advanced robotics and drones, and biomedical wonders? Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the new Director of Sales will manage a dynamic technical sales team to drive and accelerate Quanser’s sales growth in global markets.
Quanser is a global leader in innovative lab solutions for the engineering market in universities and colleges around the world. Our solutions have caught the imagination of education leaders everywhere. Our sales framework is a unique combination of high-value B2B direct, and global channels through a multinational distribution partner and a network of regional VARs.
The successful candidate will be an ambitious sales leader with proven experience in global sales management. You will have a successful record in both major channel and direct sales management. You are also an effective manager with highly refined skills with mentoring and coaching.
Responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Execute the sales strategy to achieve fiscal goals in all global sales channels
- Actively monitor, manage, and improve forecasts and other growth metrics
- Direct and lead the sales team for over-achievement
- Develop and manage quotas, budgets, regional plans etc. consistent with company objectives
- Actively collaborate with Marketing, R&D, and Operations to establish cohesive frameworks for sales growth.
- Develop and maintain exceptional relationships with partners, clients, decision makers at key institutions, and external stakeholders
- Serve as an ambassador of the Quanser brand
- Global travel is required for this role (up to 40% in peak times)
- Degree(s) in Engineering from a recognized University (advanced degrees are an asset)
- 7+ years of relevant B2B quota-carrying sales experience with medium to large sized clients
- 5+ years of Global Channel Management Experience
- 3+ years of experience in managing a sales team
- Sales experience in post-secondary academic in technical fields, robotics, automation, and engineering lab technology, is an asset
- Global sales experience
- Additional languages are an asset
Competencies & Attributes
- Driven and passionate about software development
- Must be throughout and detail-oriented, and have the ability to produce quality work with minimum supervision
- Striving for continuous improvement and quality
- Must be willing to take a tactful approach and push boundaries, question processes and suggest improvements
- Ability to embrace and drive change with a “Make it Happen” attitude
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong project management skills, including quality assurance and being able to prioritize and make efficient use of time
- Well-organized and able to reliably handle multiple tasks
- Ability to operate effectively in high pressure situations
- Ability to focus, prioritize, multi-task, and meet difficult deadlines
- Must be a team-oriented self-starter with a strong work ethic, and a sense of urgency
- You thrive in a dynamic team environment
- Confidence in dealing with cross-functional experts
- Ability to work effectively, and coordinate efforts, with other departments to ensure targets are met
- Open to feedback, and suggestions from co-workers, and supervisor
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills for both bug tracking and technical customer support
Compensation and Benefits
Quanser has a team oriented and technologically passionate culture, offering competitive salaries commensurate with experience level and a full company benefits package. Compensation for this role will be comprised of base salary plus a performance based component. Quanser is committed to a healthy work-life balance, offering flexible hours and a wellness program.
Quanser supplies the world’s universities with the most innovative technology to teach and research the most exciting and important fields in modern engineering — robotics, IoT, mechatronics, and control.
Our extremely high-value solutions can be found in thousands of research and teaching labs. These labs fundamentally transform the way universities prepare the engineering leaders of tomorrow and build their global reputations. Space robots, driverless cars, high-performance drones, and biomedical wonders are the kinds of applications our users are immersed in.
Through continued commitment to brilliant innovation and non-compromising relationships with our customers, we have built an unparalleled reputation for technology, academic, and thought leadership. We have substantial adoption within G20 nations and increasingly, we are experiencing substantial growth in emerging regions.