OUR PROMISE TO YOU
We offer a fast-paced, dynamic, and creative environment where your opinions and ideas can make a difference. People who thrive here are all incredibly smart and self-starters who enjoy working in a positive, energetic and ever-changing environment. Quanser thrives on amazing internal and external relationships, so if you are looking for a company where you will enjoy hanging out with your colleagues ….. this opportunity is for you.
We provide a corporate environment that emphasizes and supports individual growth, offering resources and development opportunities to ensure your long-term success. Our leaders care deeply about your career goals and will try to help you meet your professional aspirations. If all of this sounds like something you will enjoy, we look forward to hearing from you.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for a technical professional, who possesses strong client support, business development, and sales skills, to support a dynamic technical sales team and engage in various business development activities, for a highly complex and technical product and solution line.
Not only does this position offer you the opportunity to flex your engineering muscles, but it also offers exciting opportunities for career growth which you can drive based on your personal career aspirations; you may choose to grow within the Inside Sales team, or you can venture out into a direct sales or channel management position. At Quanser, there is always opportunity for growth, development and progression.
Quanser’s sales team is the model of solution selling and technical expertise at its best. Our team of high-performing Sales Engineers lead the delivery of high-value educational solutions for Engineering education and research to universities around the world; our solutions are the leading platforms for the future of engineering education transformation.
This role requires a results-oriented team player who thrives in an ever evolving, fast-paced, and highly technical environment. The successful candidate will have proven experience in providing sales support, along with an innate ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, keen attention to detail, and has a ‘can-do’ attitude. Inside Sales Associates are be assigned a primary territory, for which the will be a critical contributor to the territory’s success, and they will also provide global support to other territories as a secondary objective. This position plays a fundamental role in the sales team’s ability to achieve our ambitious targets and growth objectives.
Responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Sourcing new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound lead generation activities
- Market Research: gathering intelligence to generate new qualified leads, participate in discovery calls with the sales manager and assist in preparing the Sales Team for upcoming initiatives and Sales Trips (i.e. customer visits, Road Trips, Demo Tours etc.)
- Supporting the Sales Team with day-to-day tasks (i.e. Quote Generation, Lead Qualification, PO Generation, Order processing, travel arrangements, etc.)
- Driving assigned projects/opportunities from Lead to Close
- Understanding customer needs, answering customer questions, sending additional information, identifying sales opportunities etc.
- Routing opportunities that have been qualified to the appropriate salesperson i.e. ensure opportunities are moving through the sales funnel
- Explaining and demonstrating features of Quanser’s products, solutions, and services
- Working closely with our Technical Support team and Application Engineers to provide great Customer Service, processing both pre-sales and post-sales requests
- Proactively assessing, clarifying, and validating Distributors’ needs on an ongoing basis
- Gathering Customer feedback on a regular basis to measure customer experience
- Supporting revenue forecasting activities
- Transactions: Processing credit card transactions, generating new software licenses and upgrades for clients, assisting with software orders, etc.
- Completing forms and documentation for customers’ Purchasing Departments
- Working closely with Marketing to complete following up activities for events (i.e. webinars, workshops, tradeshows etc.)
- Providing cross-training on several functions where applicable (both within team and possibly inter-departmentally)
- Other duties as assigned
Technical Knowledge & Skills
- A post secondary education from a recognized institution in Engineering (Control, Mechanical, Electrical, Robotics, Mechatronics); must be comfortable working in a highly technical sales environment
- Experience working with a CRM system (i.e. Microsoft Dynamics), would be considered an asset
- 1+ year of Inside Sales experience would be considered an asset
- Experience with market research and analysis, consumer data insights and research would be an asset
- Proven experience with using data analytics to identify, model, understand and predict sales trends and opportunities would be considered an asset
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.)
- Previous experience with international business would be considered an asset
- Strong presentation skills (online and in-person)
- A proven history of excellence and track record of success
Competencies & Attributes
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal); this role will require constant communication with the sales team, customers, and channel partners (phone, email, face-to-face, etc.), active listening skills are key to this role. The ability to communicate clearly and concisely is critical.
- Team-oriented self-starter with a strong work ethic, and a sense of urgency with the ability to embrace and drive change with a “Make it Happen” attitude
- Flexible and adaptable; be willing to take on new challenges (new assignments, different roles, etc.) when the need arises
- Client service oriented with the drive to meet clients’ needs (both immediate need and long-term plans)
- Must be detail oriented, pro-active, and can work with minimum supervision
- Must possess a problem solving/solution-oriented attitude
- Business Acumen; possess an understanding of full sales cycle preferable in a technology environment, solutions-oriented mindset and entrepreneurial spirit
- Creative and Quick thinker, and the ability to improve sales skills
- Ability to embrace, and drive, change
- Excellent data entry skills
- Ability to handle delicate situations with diplomacy and professionalism
- Ability to analyze current processes, to make recommendations and implement better practices, where appropriate; think outside the box and bring innovation to problem-solving
- Ability to focus, multi-task, context-switch and prioritize in order to complete numerous competing tasks and meet difficult deadlines
- Works well collaboratively, and has the ability to cooperate with members of other departments/teams in order to complete tasks (i.e. Sales, Logistics, Marketing, Payroll, etc.)
- Ability to memorize and retain knowledge about a wide range of products, solutions, services and processes
- Demonstrates role ownership and accountability; and is a dedicated and responsible member of the team
- Ability to operate effectively in high pressure situations
- Open to feedback, and suggestions from co-workers, and supervisor
- Ability to both learn new tasks and train others as required
- Must have strong organizational, time management, and negotiation skills
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Quanser has a team-oriented and technologically passionate culture, offering competitive salaries commensurate with experience level and a full group benefits package including Health, Dental and Vision coverage. The compensation for this position will include a variable component which will be determined on the success of the primary territory, as well as the successes of the sales team as a whole, and it will include the opportunity for upside.
Quanser is committed to a healthy work-life balance, offering flexible hours and a wellness program. This position will work in a Hybrid work arrangement, splitting time between working remotely and working in the Markham, Ontario office, schedules will flex based on the needs of the business.