Part-time, 12 months contract (20 hours per week)
We have an immediate need for a Jr. Graphic Designer to join our in-house Marketing team. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, this position offers an exciting and challenging opportunity for a creative professional who possesses experience in various facets of digital and print-based graphic design.
As a vital member of Quanser’s marketing team, you will put your creative touch to the designing and maintaining of brand-appropriate marketing assets including corporate brochures, website visuals, event display materials, print and electronic advertisements, white papers, eBooks and more. To be successful in this role, you must have strong design and technical skills and be able an effective multi-tasker. You will manage projects from concept development through to production while meeting all deadlines.
Technical Knowledge & Skills
- University Degree or College Diploma in Graphic Design is preferred
- At least 1 year of work experience in Graphic Design
- Extensive experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere, etc.)
- Proficient in standard business software including Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong sense of design principles including layout, imagery, composition, and typography
- Excellent image editing and photo retouching abilities
- Experience with managing print production including sourcing suppliers, obtaining quotes, artwork approval, arranging delivery, etc.
- Hands-on experience with videography, video editing, photography and lighting considered an asset
Competencies & Attributes
- Apply strong design skills to the creative development of marketing collateral
- Excellent organization, time management, and prioritization skills
- Ability to work in a busy environment with competing deadlines
- Must be a team oriented self-starter with a strong work ethic and great communication skills
- Keen attention to detail with the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Open to feedback and suggestions from colleagues and supervisor
Excellent interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and ability to thrive in a collaborative environment with multidisciplinary teams
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Quanser has a team-oriented and technologically passionate culture, offering competitive salaries commensurate with experience level. Quanser is committed to a healthy work-life balance, offering flexible work hours and a wellness program.
Email a copy of your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your earliest possible start date and a link to your online portfolio.
Quanser Consulting Inc. is a world leader in education and research-based systems in mechatronics, control, and robotics. We are a market leader focused on improving engineering education and research and helping universities graduate more innovators of the future. In business for over 25 years, our educational lab equipment is used by universities worldwide. At Quanser, the prime directive is to enjoy innovation, impart knowledge and produce quality control challenges and solution for our customers.
For our team members, we offer a fast-paced, dynamic, and creative environment where your opinions and ideas can make a difference. People who thrive here are self-starters who enjoy working in an unstructured, ever-changing environment. Building successful relationships throughout the organization will be key to your success. We provide a corporate environment that emphasizes and supports individual growth, offering resources and development opportunities to ensure your long-term success. Our leaders care deeply about your career goals and will try to help you meet your professional aspirations. If all of this sounds like something you will enjoy, please apply for this role. We’ll be happy to hear from you.
~Quanser Consulting Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve, and to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation. Quanser encourages all qualified candidates to apply~