Job Title: Sales Support Associate
Type of Job: Full-time, Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
We have an immediate need in our Operations Department for a Sales Support Specialist to join our Sales Operations Team in the Markham, Ontario Office. Reporting to the Team Lead, Sales Operations, this position offers an exciting and challenging opportunity for a professional, who possesses strong client support and customer service skills, to support a dynamic technical sales team.
Quanser’s sales team is the model of solution selling and technical expertise at it’s best. Our team of high-performing Sales Engineers lead the delivery of high-value educational solutions for Engineering education around the world; these solutions showcase our platforms and highlight that Quanser’s solutions are the leading platforms for the future of engineering education transformation.
This role requires a results-oriented team player who thrives in an ever-evolving, fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will have proven experience in providing sales support, along with an innate ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously, keen attention to detail, and has a ‘can-do’ attitude.
Responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the Sales Team with day to day tasks (i.e. Quote Generation, Lead Qualification, PO Generation, Order processing etc.)
- Work closely with our Technical Support team and Application Engineers to provide great Customer Service, processing both pre-sales and post-sales requests
- Gather Customer feedback and finding out about their experience on a regular basis
- Complete forms and documentation for customers’ Purchasing Departments
- Process credit card transactions
- Market Research; gather intelligence to better prepare the Sales Team for upcoming initiatives and Sales Trips (i.e. customer visits, Road Trips, Demo Tours etc.)
- Work closely with Marketing to complete following up activities for events (i.e. webinars, workshops, tradeshows etc.)
- Provide cross-training on several functions where applicable (both within team and possibly inter-departmentally)
- Responsible for generating new software licenses and upgrades for clients
- Assist with software orders
- Work closely with Logistics to understand the complete RMA Process
Technical Knowledge & Skills
- A post-secondary education in a technical field; must be comfortable working in a highly technical sales environment
- Experience working with a CRM system (i.e. Microsoft Dynamics)
- 2+ years of Inside Sales experience would be considered an asset
- Experience with market research and analysis, consumer data insights and research would be an asset
- Proven experience with using data analytics to identify, model, understand and predict sales trends and opportunities
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills ( Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook etc.)
Competencies & Attributes
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal). This role will require constant communication with the Sales Team and customers (phone, email, face-to-face, etc.), so strong communication skills, and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely is critical
- Must be a team oriented self-starter with a strong work ethic, and a sense of urgency with the ability to embrace and drive change with a “Make it Happen” attitude
- Flexible and adaptable; be willing to take on new challenges (new assignments, different roles, etc.) when the need arises
- Client service oriented with the drive to meet clients’ needs (both immediate need and long-term plans)
- Ability to handle delicate situations with diplomacy and professionalism
- Ability to analyze current processes, to make recommendations and implement better practices, where appropriate; think outside the box and bring innovation to problem-solving
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in order to complete numerous competing tasks
- Work well collaboratively, and has the ability to cooperate with members of other departments/teams in order to complete tasks (i.e. Sales, Logistics, Marketing, Payroll, etc.)
- Ability to memorize and retain knowledge about a wide range of products, services, and processes
- Demonstrate role ownership and accountability; be a dedicated and responsible member of the team
- Ability to operate effectively in high-pressure situations
- Open to feedback, and suggestions from co-workers, and supervisor
- Ability to both learn new tasks and train others as required
Compensation and Benefits
Quanser has a team-oriented and technologically passionate culture, offering competitive salaries commensurate with experience level and a full company benefits package. Quanser is committed to a healthy work-life balance, offering flexible hours and a wellness program.
Quanser Consulting Inc. is a world leader in education and research-based systems in mechatronics, control, and robotics. We are a market leader focused on improving engineering education and helping universities graduate more innovators of the future. In business for over 25 years, our educational lab equipment is used by universities worldwide. At Quanser, the prime directive is to enjoy innovation, impart knowledge and produce quality control challenges and solution for our customers.
For our team members, we offer a fast-paced, dynamic, and creative environment where your opinions and ideas can make a difference. People who thrive here are dynamic self-starters who enjoy working in unstructured, ever-changing environment. Building successful relationships throughout the organization will be key to your success. We provide a corporate environment that emphasizes and supports individual growth, offering resources and development opportunities to ensure your long-term success. Our leaders care deeply about your career goals and will try to help you meet your professional aspirations. If all of this sounds like something you will enjoy, please apply for this role. We’ll be happy to hear from you.