Analog Loopback Test on Q8-USB DAQ – Tutorial
The step-by-step instructions will guide you through the process of changing the default loop back demo setup when using Q8-USB data acquisition device.
By default, the loopback demo is set for Q8 data acquisition boards. If you are using the Q8-USB DAQ device, the loopback demo needs to be re-set. Follow the steps below:
- Type “qc_show_demos” in the MATLAB command window
- Select the “QUARC Analog Loopback Demo”
- Click on “Open this model”:
- Double-click on the “HIL Initialize” block
- In the Board type scroll down menu, select “Q8-USB“. Press “Apply” and then “OK“
- On your Q8-USB DAQ device, connect Analog Output # 0 to Analog Input # 0 as illustrated below:
- Click on the “Signal Generator” block and in the Source Block Parameter window, change the amplitude to 4, then open the Scope.
- Build and run the model. A sine wave should appear in the Scope window (see the picture in the previous step).