QUARC Real-Time Control Software
- Full support for Simulink® external mode, including scopes, floating scopes, displays, to workspace, online parameter tuning, etc.
- Support for model referencing, allowing modular object-oriented model design and incremental compilation and linking for accelerating the development of large models
- Support for scope triggering and data archiving for sophisticated, large volume, data collection
- Log data to MAT-file and M-files
- Simulink Coder code optimization support
- Performance diagnostics, e.g., measure of sample time, computation time, elapsed time, etc.
- Console for monitoring standard I/O (stdio) of a model even on a remote target
- Ability to interface controllers with MATLAB GUIs, LabVIEW panels, Java GUIs, Altia, etc.
- Visualization blockset for 3D visualization of simulation or actual hardware in real-time
- Unified, expandable data acquisition architecture supporting cards from Quanser, National Instruments and other manufacturers
- Single or multiple PC / board configurations supported
- Support for multiple targets (OS’s and chipsets) from a single Simulink diagram
- External Hardware-In-the-Loop card interfacing provided in C/C++, MATLAB, and .NET languages
Protocol-Independent Communication Framework
- Full set of data streaming blocks to enable any synchronous or asynchronous communication with processes outside of the running controller
- Native support of TCP/IP, UDP, serial, shared memory, named pipes, SPI, I2C, Peak CAN, ARCNET and other protocols
- Extensible framework enabling distributed control, device interfacing, teleoperation and general interprocess communication between controllers and local or remote applications
- External communication interfacing provided in C/C++, MATLAB, and .NET languages
Support of Multi-Threaded, Multi-Rate and Asynchronous Models
- Multi-processor support for improved sampling rates and performance
- Control of thread priorities and CPU affinity
- Run multi-threaded and multi-rate models
- Support for asynchronous threads in Simulink® models, ideal for asynchronous communications, etc.
- Run more than one model on a single target or multiple targets at the same time, locally and/or remotely
- Standalone controller execution
- Self-booting target for embedded modes
Extensive third-party devices support
- Support for third-party devices ranging from infrared cameras to Denso, Kinova and KUKA robots
- Support for peripherals such as mouse, keyboard and force feedback joysticks
- Host speech recognition and synthesis
The full details of the MATLAB/Simulink and compiler tool versions compatible with QUARC are provided by the QUARC Software Compatibility Chart.