This product is no longer available.
The Quanser Smart Structure is a stand-alone bench-scale model of a tall building instrumented with an eccentric load. It is ideal to study control techniques used to suppress vibrations in tall buildings.
The Smart Structure can be used as a stand-alone system or as an add-on structure for any of Quanser Shake Tables to create experiments of increased complexity.
The Smart Structure device consists of a flexible beam mounted on a base support plate. The beam is fitted with a strain gage sensor to measure deflection of the beam. A motorized inertial load is placed at the other end of the beam. The inertial load is actuated by a high efficiency, low inductance DC motor via a gearbox, the angle of the load is measured by an optical encoder.
- Inertia load consisting of two rigid beams and round crossbeam
- Base plate instrumented with a precise strain gage
- High-quality DC servo motor and gearbox
- High-resolution optical encoder
- Precisely machined solid aluminum parts
- Open architecture design
|Dimensions (L x W x H)
|25.5 cm x 11.5 cm x 85.5 cm (with pendulum in upright position)
|Rigid beam length
|Flexible beam length
|Encoder resolution (in quadrature)
|Strain gage sensitivity
- Lagrange model derivation
- State-space representation
- PID control
- State-feedback / LQR control
- Cascade / multiple loops control
- Vibration control